This Presbyterian church in Fitzroy was opened in May 1969 the Very Rev. Stan Read. It was designed by Graeme Laurenson and Associates (Hawera) and built by Jones and Sandford Ltd.
Extensions to the church in 1981 were designed by Laurenson, Robinson and Boon.
The first Presbyterian services in Fitzroy were held in a hall built in 1925 at 36 Sackville Street. The section was purchased for 500 pounds and the building cost 659 pounds.
This served the church until it was bought by the Buffalo Lodge in 1948.
In the meantime the church had bought a section at 524 Devon Street East from Mr. C. Baker. A hall was built on the property and the foundation stone (donated by the late Sir James Fletcher) was laid in a ceremony on the 15th of May 1948 by the Rev. D.N. MacDiarmid. The architect was L.J.Wolfe of New Plymouth.