See the progress of 20 years of planting native trees, controlling predators and pests, and meet the people with the vision to make it happen.
The open day includes:
- Guided walks to the gullies planted by TOSSI volunteers two decades ago - mid-level fitness and good footwear required.
- Visit the plant nursey where eco-sourced seeds are nurtured for on-going native bush restoration
- Guided walk to the newest planting area
- Hear the stories of the importance of Tāwharanui
- Fun activities for the kids
- Discover plans to restore a wetland
Please come with:
• Sturdy footwear that is clean to protect kauri at Tāwharanui.
Books and TOSSI t-shirts on sale