This two-day intensive workshop introduces the Shima Seiki Apex Design system for Wholegarment (seamless) knitting. Wholegarment knitting allows for garments to be produced in one piece directly on the knitting machine with minimal post-fabrication finishing required.
In this workshop you will:
· explore knit structures virtually and knit out your favourites
· learn how to calculate fabric dimensions and apply these to knitwear sizing
· design and develop a Wholegarment vest through the design systems automatic software
· explore variations of your designs virtually
· learn how to take your design through the programming software to create knit files
· learn the basics of the Wholegarment knit machine
· knit a vest to take home
Limited to only 4 places, this workshop gives a high level of tutor to student contact, allowing time for understanding, exploring and physically knitting a garment. Note that this workshop is best suited to those with prior experience of the design software. Please check with us before registering if you have no prior experience.