This is a one day workshop at Auckland Domain and Progear in Newmarket, Auckland. On this workshop, you’ll be introduced to freedom and emotion in your photography by using creative techniques in-camera and in post-production.
We will start by meeting at the Winter Gardens Cafe for a coffee (included) to introduce you into taking expressive and emotive images. The workshop is in two parts: In and around the Auckland Winter Gardens, you will learn in-camera techniques to create your own expressive images. After that we head to our Progear venue where you will work on your images in Photoshop or Lightroom, learning techniques and tricks to turn them into creative works of art.
By joining this workshop you’ll be guided in the techniques needed to learn a style of photography that seeks to capture a feeling or experience rather than to achieve an accurate representation of life.
This is designed as an intermediate-advanced workshop. This workshop assumes that you have moved past “Auto” and are using Aperture, Shutter and Manual Modes for most of your images.
- The importance of Focus and Aperture
- Developing a style in photography to create artistic, painterly images
- The elements and principles of In Camera photography
- Working with Multiple Exposures and Abstract photography
- Introducing freedom and creativity to your photography
- Creative techniques of post-production in Photoshop/ Lightroom
- Pocket Guide to Digital Photography
- Tuition from Gail Stent
- Morning Tea/coffee and a muffin (note: lunch is not included in course fee)
For more information or to book, go to the website.