15-day photography tour capturing some of New Zealand's best coastal landscapes. This tour offers a chance to explore some of New Zealand's finest coastlines along with forest and alpine landscapes from the West Coast to the Marlborough Sounds and Kaikoura.
Starting in Queenstown we will head out to the South Island’s wild West Coast. Timed at the end of winter, when the light is crisp and low, we will have many opportunities to capture the area’s wild beaches, forests and waterfalls, and the snow-covered Southern Alps. The South Island’s west coast boasts more forests, mountains, and protected lands than any other region of New Zealand. Here, wild and remote coastlines are flanked by primaeval rainforests, with the high peaks and glaciers of the Southern Alps rising beyond.
Arriving at the top of the South Island we will explore a variety of fantastic and easily-accessible photography locations from stunning limestone formations, lush native forests, ever-changing sand dunes. You will spend multiple days exploring photographic locations and marine wildlife by boat in the world-famous Abel Tasman National Park, Marlborough Sounds, and the Kaikoura Coast. Travelling by boat allows us to access beaches and bays that take days to access on foot; on this tour, the most secluded and stunning spots are right at our fingertips.
- Te Wāhipounamu World Heritage
- Jetboat into the Waitangiroto Reserve
- Boat trip in Abel Tasman National Park
- Boat trip in the Marlborough Sounds
- Boat trip in Kaikoura
- Lake Matheson
- Punakaiki Pancake Rocks
- Nelson Lakes National Park
- Westland National Park
- Paparoa National Park
- Abel Tasman National Park
- Archway Islands
- Marlborough Sounds
- 15 Days Photography Tuition
- Stay at a lodge in the Marlborough Sounds
- 14 nights hotel accommodation (twin share, single upgrade available)
- 14 breakfasts
- Whataroa Jet boat
- Private charter boat in Abel Tasman
- Private chartered boat in Marlborough Sounds
- Albatross Encounter in Kaikoura
- Transport during the tour
- Queenstown pickup / Christchurch drop off
- DOC (National Park) concession fees
- Copy of our Pocket Guide to Landscape & Wildlife Photography
- Donation to our Conservation Fund
- Native tree planting to Carbon Offset your tour
For more information visit the website.