Under Covid Alert Level 2 restrictions it is difficult to allow recreation swimming to take place in our pools.
We want to be able to provide some space for whānau to come and play together, while doing so safely and in your own bubbles.
During these times we will provide limited bookable 'pods' of separated play space in the pools.
* We will now both be providing full pool recreation space on the weekends, as well as limited space in our learners/toddlers pool during the week. These spaces need to be booked in advance through eventfinda.
* There will be a number of spaces available either in the main pool, or in our learners/toddlers pool during each session.
* Please take extra care of the space you are booking based on your swimmers, make sure to book a space that is appropriate for your group. For smaller kids book the learners/toddlers spaces, and bigger kids in the main pool spaces. To help with this we have indicated whether a pod in the main pool is in the deep end of the pool, or the shallow end. Only book a deep end space if your swimmers are confident and able to swim independently in the deeper water.
* Each session will last an hour, with approximately 40 mins swimming time. We will take around 5-10 mins to get you in and swimming, and 10-15 mins to leave ahead of the next group.
Conditions of use:
* You can bring a maximum of 5 people including yourself to your booked session - you only need to book one space (one ticket) for your group of up to 5 people
* Children under 8 must be actively supervised in the pool as per our active supervision policy, any spectators not swimming will need to be included in the group of 5
* Ensure you have booked a space that is appropriate for your swimmers/group
* Please come changed ready to swim, we encourage towel drying and heading home to change as well if you can
* Masks are required up for anyone over 12, up until you start to swim and when leaving the pool area.
* You will be required to contract trace and pay for your swimming on entry - our normal rates will apply.
* You must keep 2m physical distancing between your bubble and others at all times
* There will no equipment provided to keep touchpoints at a minimum
* We recommend no food be brought into the pool for these sessions, coffee is okay for spectators :)
* If you are no longer able to attend, please make sure to cancel your spot to ensure the space is available for others
For any questions or more detail please flick us a message on our facebook page.