Fashion Design - An Introduction
Ever wondered how fashion trends occur? Keen to create your own designs? Bring your creativity and learn how to design, develop and present a range of designs through research, application and exploration.
Beginning with an overview of the fashion design process, you’ll be introduced to fashion market sectors, a variety of designers’ works, the fashion ‘seasons’ and the importance of fabrics and so build an understanding of how fashion occurs through design.
During the course, you’ll record work in a workbook showing theme/inspiration and concept ideas, progressing through to finished designs. Through tutorials and your own research, you’ll be encouraged to develop your creativity and explore fashion design options with appropriate fabric considerations. You’ll be introduced to theme boards, fabric/colour boards, design development and range cohesion through fabric, colour, shape and silhouette.
At course completion, you’ll be able to present the above boards and completed designs in a professional manner.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Recognise the fashion design process and identify fashion market sectors
- Select a range of fabrics suitable for designs and develop the components required for a co-ordinated range
- Use a croquis or figure template to render designs
- Complete design boards to show finished work
- Record regular entries in a visual diary to show work progression
Bring a visual diary, glue stick, 2B pencil, colour media (coloured pencils, watercolours, felt tips), eraser, ruler and scissors. Bring your own device if you have one for internet research.
21 Oct 2021 - 9 Dec 2021
8 weeks, Thu 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Presented by Joyce Tam