2021 Korean Film Festival returns this year with an exceptional opportunity to enjoy seven well-selected Korean films to Wellington on 3-4 December at the Embassy Theatre.
Organised by the Korean Embassy in Wellington, the Korean Foundation Organization and the Korean Cinerama Trust, the Korean Film Festival is an annual event that promotes cultural exchanges between Korea and New Zealand. This year’s festival brings together some of the most popular and ground-breaking films.
The film will be in Korean with English Subtitles:
o A Taxi Driver *Screening with a special documentary <K-Pop in New Zealand>
- Fri. 3 Dec., 3:00 PM (137min)
- Genre: Drama
- Rating: M
- [BASED ON A TRUE STORY] May, 1980. Man-seob (SONG Kang-ho) is a taxi driver in Seoul who lives from hand to mouth, raising his young daughter alone after his wife past away with high hospital bills behind. One day, he hears that there is a foreigner who’s willing to pay big money for a drive down to Gwangju city and back. Not knowing that the foreigner is a German journalist with a hidden agenda to investigate the strange rumors of Gwangju, South Korea. Man-seob takes the job and the two start off on their journey together.
o K-Pop in New Zealand
- Fri. 3 Dec., 2:30 PM (29min)
- Genre: Documentary
- Rating: G
- A Taxi Driver screens with – K-Pop in New Zealand The documentary "K-Pop in New Zealand" explores the charm and meaning of K-pop by interviewing nearly 100 New Zealand fans who have met at various K-pop events since 2015. This documentary will be able to fulfil your curiosity, including when K-pop became popular in New Zealand, how many K-pop fans are there, who they are and what activities they do, and the future of K-pop in New Zealand.
Booking is required. Booking is available through Eventfinda.
FREE EVENT with general admission (first-come, first-served seating).
If you wish to make any changes/cancel the ticket, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Due to limited seating, we request that you cancel at least 3 days before the session
Embassy of the Republic of Korea