The ultimate way to experience New Zealand's rare and amazing wildlife! Join one of our experienced guides on an engaging and informative walk through the picturesque sanctuary to witness the native wildlife that is once again living in Wellington City. With everything in Zealandia living wild, our nature-guru guides will use their knowledge of birdsong, habitats, and local flora to track down even the rarest of our unique animals.
New Zealand has some of the most unique biodiversity and advanced conservation techniques in the world. Soak up the beautiful scenery while learning more about our unique ecology.
Tour highlights: kākāriki, takahē, tuatara, tīeke/saddleback, hihi/bellbird, kākā
The 225-hectare eco-sanctuary is located only ten minutes from the CBD. Discover New Zealand’s unique ecological history and be inspired by the ground-breaking conservation efforts to preserve it.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Ticket price includes entrance fee.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with mobility issues.
- Not wheelchair accessible (please inquire about a private tour).
- Please arrive at the Visitors Centre 15 minutes before your tour start time.
- Please wear sturdy footwear, warm clothing and bring a waterproof layer, as tours proceed rain or shine. Rain ponchos can be purchased at the Visitor Centre.
- Tickets are half-price for Zealandia members.
From 3 December 2021, visitors to Zealandia Te Mārā a Tāne will be required to show their Vaccination Pass prior to entry.
This will enable us to operate in all levels of the COVID-19 Protection Framework.