This two days course is designed to give you the understanding and tools to deliver a balance and powerful Thai Yoga Massage.
Ideal for yoga practitioners, massage/beauty therapists, and anyone interested in learning massage for the first time.
In the course you will learn and apply a full 60 minute Thai Yoga Massage sequence utilizing yoga postures, passive stretching, acupressure, energy work, massage and meditation to assist people in reducing tension, enhancing flexibility, experiencing deep relaxation and improving overall wellbeing. You will incorporate the fundamentals of effortless, flowing transitions between postures, and learn how to maintain proper body alignment and apply energy balance through Thai Sen lines.
The training session are an introduction to general concepts of Thai Massage and give the participants an opportunity to train hands on discovering the craft of manual therapy.
- The four foundations of Thai yoga massage (awareness, body mechanics, movement, and massage techniques using hands, knees, feet, and elbows)
- Effortless transitions between postures
- An introduction to contraindications and safety
- An introduction to Manual Therapy and what it means to work with the soft tissues of the human body
- Care for the client and therapist before, during, and after the massage
- Massage for shoulders, head, back, arms, hands, legs, abdomen, and feet
- Incorporate 45+ new postures to your practice
- Understand and apply treatments with Sen Lines
- Thai Yoga Massage Is an ancient technique used to unblock energy stagnation and awaken our inner healer. This is achieved through both pressure on the energy lines (Nadis) and movements of the body and joins based on Yoga Asanas
It embraces people of all background who feel drawn to it as a transformative practice. Most important, the practice is not just about some exercises; it´s about giving from the heart with compassion.
What To Expect From The Course:
- The workshop will focus on the basic fundamentals that relate to posture, body mechanics and benefits.
- These sessions will cover technics and positions that work with the general body.
- The therapy does not require any oil or cream and the therapist/recipient will be wearing comfortable clothes. Bring your yoga mat and a smile.
- No experience with massage or yoga necessary.
About the Facilitator:
Gabriel Morales have been a Remedial Massage Therapist since 2003 and have completed a formal training in TYM in 2006. For the past 6 years Gabriel has been facilitating Thai Yoga Massage workshops throughout the world training over 200 participants to date. His Massage Studio is in Orewa, Auckland where he resides.
The last three events were fully booked and places are very limited so secure your placement to avoid missing out. To register visit the website.