Southland's only fire museum is situated on the corner of Jed and Spey streets, across the road from the Invercargill Fire Station. The museum has 5 fire engines dating from 1940 onwards and individual members have a further three. These include the following fire engines: 1940 Ford ex Invercargill,1954 Dennis ex Invercargill & Dunedin, 1957 Commer ex Invercargill and a 1981 Mack Turtable Ladder retired from service in Invercargill August 2005.
The Society also has equipment and memorabilia from firefighting services in Invercargill and Southland (Urban and Rural), along with mementos from the now demolished 1924 Invercargill Fire Station. We are Visual and Hands on, with viewing by way of DVDs and plasma screens.