Iwi Art’s mission is to be a successful Maori art exhibition, retail and wholesale business.
In doing so, Iwi Art also aims to remain true to the wishes of our Maori ancestors that the taonga of traditional design be nurtured and protected. Iwi Art is committed to supporting the ongoing production of traditional design through:
* sensitive selling methods;
* appropriate exhibition of artwork;
* ongoing commitment to the replanting of native trees;
* observing Kaitahu kaitiakitanga of pounamu; and
* working closely with and supporting Maori artists who continue to create and innovate within the styles bequeathed by our ancestors.