Main Auditorium Specifications
The main auditorium measures 60m by 36m (2160sq m) with court markings for basketball (3), netball (3), volleyball (6) and badminton (12).
- The floor is sprung Canadian maple providing a surface that is well presented, runs true and is hard wearing.
- The main auditorium includes some permanent seating and also moveable seating and can be divided into either two or three areas. An in-house public address system is also available.
- The height from floor to ceiling above the court areas is 10m, which steps down to 8m on the outsides of the courts.
- Lighting has two settings – house lights or full sports lighting. Each third of the auditorium can be isolated to function independently.
- Lighting on the main centre court provides around 750 lux of brightness.
Heating is provided by ceiling mounted gas heaters, while an air circulation system brings fresh air into the venue, moving it around at the same time. As with the lighting, each third can be isolated to function independently.
- Change rooms are adjacent to the main auditorium and also include a referee change room. The change rooms are directly accessible from outside the building.
- Access to the main auditorium for large items is through a ground level roller door measuring 3.10m high by 3.7m wide located at the Centre's south eastern corner.
Included also is a large catering area which has preparation benches, cooking facilities, dish washer and water boiler. The catering area opens directly on to the stadium floor.
- The main auditorium can cater for groups as large as 2400* for a sit down meal.
- Moveable seating – 12 units each able to hold 74 people.
- Dividing curtains – 3m high and extend across (east-west) the main auditorium.
- Trusses – load specifications are available for hanging trusses from the portal beams. Portal beams are spaced at 5 metres and run across the main auditorium (east-west).
There is no contracted caterer or alcohol supplier at the venue. Instead, the Centre has a close working relationship with a number of commercial caterers and alcohol suppliers. Details can be provided on request.
- Toilets – adequate toilet facilities are provided throughout the venue.
- Tables and Chairs – the Centre has 250 padded chairs and 35 tables.
- Parking – Aorangi Park is able to accommodate up to 620 cars, while there is some provision for coach parking also.
- Media Connection/Facilities - limited, any set up would be at the cost of the hirer.
- Wireless - ability to cope with small to medium size events, hirers will need to indicate their download requirements, fees may apply for use of the Centre's capacity.
- Break-out Rooms – Aorangi Park is home to a number of sports organisations each with their own club rooms should breakout rooms be required.