Celebrating Matariki at Howick Historical Village, learn the techniques of raranga and the tradition of flax weaving in this 1.5-hour workshop.
This relaxed beginner’s class introduces harvesting, preparation, extracting the fibre and more as you make a flax flower. Through conversation and crafting, explore connections to our taiao (environment), sustainability, the past and other cultural traditions with tutor Rewa Grimsdale.
• Sunday 26 June, 11am – adult workshop.
• Sunday 3 July 11am – adult workshop.
• Sunday 10 July LIVE DAY, 11am - adult workshop & 1:30pm - children’s workshop.
• Friday 15 July, 11am –children’s workshop.
• Friday 22 July 11am – children’s workshop.
Explore the Village before or after the class and enjoy brunch or lunch in the homely Homestead café.
Free with admission - adult $16, student/senior $12, child $8. Bookings essential as numbers are limited.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (09) 576 9505. Children’s workshop suitable for age 10+, ages 8-10 must be supervised. Participating and non-participating parents must purchase admission.