Gardening conversations once a fortnight. Meet other keen gardeners, get tips for growing plants in your garden or window sill, get ideas for growing nutritious food for your family and share recipes for feeding those great veggies to the family.
Find out what can be planted each month at your place.
Share ideas, plants, seeds and make new friends.
Offered by Manawatū Food Action Network and Growing Gardens and Communities (check out their Facebook pages).
This term's schedule is as follows:
- 27 Jul: Growing Peas and using Kawakawa.
- 10 Aug: Getting Potatoes ready for planting.
- 24 Aug: Seeds you should start now for late Spring planting.
- 7 Sep: Leeks, foraging for edible wild veggies.
- 21 Sep: Superfoods; what are they? What can you grow in your garden?
Te Pātikitiki Library is at the end of the Monrad Park carpark, 157 Highbury Avenue, Palmerston North.
We have a fantastic warm place with lots of things to do.
We've got all of the PN City Libraries resources available to us (tell us what you need and we'll get it for you). And also a great playground outside, a huge free car park, free tea and coffee for adults, cold water for the kids, a microwave to heat things up, toilets, a baby changing area, and free computers, scanning to email, and printing/photocopying.
Ph (06) 357 2108