A Nature Education Conference in the outdoors empowering you to bring the wonder and joy of nature to young children.
Imagine spending an entire weekend listening to world leaders and inspirational speakers. All the while connecting yourself to the beauty that surrounds you.
Join a growing worldwide movement of educators, parents, playscape designers, academics and policymakers who believe nature is a powerful teacher and experiencing risk is its ally.
- World class speakers & presentations
- Engaging practical and nurturing workshops
- Thought/practice/life-changing conversations
- Delicious lunches and dinners served al fresco
- A majestic venue and the earth beneath your feet
- Hands-on workshops
- Play and creativity
- And plenty of heart and magic!
What you'll take home:
- Techniques to help you implement nature-based play/projects in your centre, school, home and environment
- The latest research of why getting children into nature is so important
- Replenishment on a professional and personal level
- Memories of a unique conference experience, the only of its kind in NZ
- Connection with a community of educators and parents you can relate to
- A relationship to nature you may not have felt before
"There’s something for everyone. Creative workshops, informative workshops, discussions. and the speakers. Wow. I take away so much and it’s always heartfelt. This is the place to be!”
“A must do! Next time I’ll bring my team. Food for my soul that I can pass onto our mokopuna/tamariki.”
"The event has a very special feel. It is super-well organised and facilitated but alongside this professional feel there is a deep sensation of connection and love. It is clear that the organising team operate with love and respect for each other, with empathy and trust. All the things that the event itself is trying to bring to nature education. Thank you for an excellent gathering of souls."
"If you want to come to a place where you learn and connect with all your senses, learn practical knowledge & skills, find joy and playful opportunities in nature, and find ways to encourage and enrich our tamariki with this way of being then The Natural Phenomena Conference is it!"
We look forward to seeing you there!