Learn to surf, build ocean confidence and have fun with the girls! Get out on the water consistently and learn to surf with our Surf Sistas girls-only surfing club. All equipment provided by Aotearoa Surf.
Learn to surf, refine your techniques, build ocean confidence and have HEAPS of fun!
The Surf Sistas Club is an ongoing weekly surfing program designed to help women of all ages and skill levels learn to surf, improve their surfing skills and build more confidence in the ocean. Regular attendees will be able to track their improvement on a week-by-week and month-by-month basis.
Our Sistas are broken up into 2 groups; beginner and intermediate surfers, to ensure you are getting the most out of your sessions.
Booking can be done in groups of 4 weeks at a time, however, we encourage each Surf Sista to continue on with the program beyond their first 4 weeks in order to master their surfing!
- ALL equipment; surfboards and wetsuits (or bring your own)
- Up to 3 dedicated, qualified and experienced coaches
- The day before we will email you letting you know what beach we will be meeting at (Te Arai Point or Forestry beach) based on the conditions
Upcoming Dates 2022:
Saturday, 12, 19, 26 Feb, 5 Mar 2022
Monday, 14, 21, 28 Feb, 7 Mar 2022
Saturday, 12, 19, 26 Mar, 2 Apr 2022
Monday, 14, 21, 28 Mar, 4 Apr 2022
Saturday, 9, 16, 23, 30 Apr 2022
Monday, 11, 18, 25 Apr, 2 May 2022
Saturday, 7, 14, 21, 28 May 2022
Monday, 9, 16, 23 Apr, 30 May 2022
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE: we will be operating as normal during Level 1 and 2, but just in case, we have multiple backup dates held for our Surf Sistas Program. Alternatively, should these dates not work for you, we are happy to exchange your position to another program or set of surfing lesson dates that suit you! Please feel free to contact us should you have any questions regarding this.
Mondays 11.00am – 12.30pm
Saturdays 9.30am -11am
Returning Surf Sistas: Don’t forget to use your returning club member code for a 10% discount. Please call us if you have any questions regarding this.
To get a feel of our awesome Surf Sistas community, for regular notices, photos of previous sessions and upcoming events please join our Facebook Group: Surf Sistas. (Please note you do not have to be a part of our classes to join – we just want to bring surfing women together!)
- Beach awareness, understanding the wind and waves, oceans and tides and staying safe at the beach.
- Surfboard design and use, sea entry and correct surfboard handling.
- Catching waves with correct body and hand position, stopping your surfboard.
- Catching waves with paddling technique, learning the pop up to stand technique.
- Standing surfing position and riding a wave for as long as possible.
- Better paddling techniques for speed and efficiency.
- Getting out past breaking waves.
- Reading waves and understanding the different types of waves, what to catch, when to and why.
- Catching the unbroken wave.
- Timing & take offs.
- Frontside / backside turns and riding down the face of the wave