Thousands of entertainment-seekers converge on course at Ellerslie Racecourse each year for an incredible combination of socialising, racing & entertainment. A staple date in many an Aucklander’s calendar, the Karaka Million draws a stylish crowd from far & wide to celebrate an extraordinary event.
For little over one minute, a glittering crowd will hold its breath as the country’s most promising thoroughbred horses & some of the best jockeys compete for their shares of some of NZ’s richest sporting purses - the $1,000,000 DoubleTree by Hilton Karaka Million 2YO and the $1,000,000 Karaka Million 3YO Classic - with Group status races run in support.
Off the track, the party is just as rich with the who’s who of racing mixing with an influx of Auckland’s social set in any number of sell-out precincts on course.
The best dressed will also be rewarded with a $400 voucher from Dry & Tea AND someone on course will WIN a $2,000 prize courtesy of Vavasour Wines (entry Ts & Cs apply to both competitions).
The racecourse absolutely buzzes from the get-go and, once the horses have packed up their saddles, bars will remain open to keep the party going.
After the last race bars racegoers are welcome to stay where they are or they can move from where they are into:
- Cuvée** (ground floor, Ascot Stand) where a band then Jetski Safari will be playing
- The Cavallo Club (outside, Newmarket Lawn);
- The Winning Post Bar** (ground floor, Ascot Stand).
** General Admission tickets will not provide entry into The Winning Post Bar or Cuvée at any stage.
Please note that entry terms, restrictions & limitations may apply to the above-mentioned areas. These areas are R18, a dress code applies and intoxicated persons will not be permitted or tolerated at any time.
- Ellerslie Racecourse is operating as a "vaccination required" venue with entry conditons relating to that applying. Please visit the website for more information.
- Under 15s get free general admission and there is free parking on-site too.
- Details correct at time of writing but subject to change. For the most up-to-date event information please refer to the official website.