Celebrate tech in the Manawatū. Come along to our big networking event with food, speakers and lots of interesting people to talk to.
Join us at the capstone event for Tech Week in the Manawatū. Lots of things happening:
- Purnesh Tripathi from Amazon Web Services will give 3 five minute case studies: how Singapore transformed government services by putting the needs of their citizens first; how a company scaled from 50-500 people by with intelligent document processing; and how they can help local startups scale.
- A small team from AWS will be there (hopefully with swag to give away) to answer your questions and see how they can help you do what you do
- All the meetups in the region get together at this time of year to meet everyone else, cross-pollinate ideas, and more.
- Employment corner: Looking for work? Bring a few copies of a one-page CV to hand out to potential employers. Looking for workers? ManawaTech member companies can bring a banner/flyers etc for a stand. We will have a corner of the room where people will come to talk to you.
- Internship corner: Looking for an internship? Bring your one-page CV. High school Gateway students, teachers or careers advisors are also welcome.
- Professional Development Corner: UCOL will be there with a stand to answer your questions about study, career development, internships, workhub and more. IT Professionals will have a stand to connect you to their tools and services
- VRC Computers will bring a "dream gaming rig" for you to drool over
- Robyn Young HR will come to answer your questions about recruiting and retaining tech staff, and the salary survey they recently completed.
- There will be food... the official speaky bit will be short. This is our way of bringing the tech community together to help form those all-important connections that make stuff work so much better.
Thanks to AWS for their sponsorship and practical support.