As Matariki is welcomed to the New Zealand skies, the heritage estate Mangapapa Hotel will team up with Askerne Winery to create a winter gathering that celebrates well-being, reflection and hope for the new year.
This five-course dining experience will draw dining inspiration from the stars of the Matariki cluster, including:
- Waiti, the star linked with fresh water and the food that comes from fresh water
- Waita, the star linked to the ocean and the food that comes from it
- Tupuanuku, the star linked with food that grows in the ground
- Tupuarangi, the star linked with food that comes from the skies
- Waipunarangi, the star linked to the rain
- and Ururangi, the star that determines the winds for the year
The menu will showcase traditional Māori ingredients with a clever modern twist and exquisite wine pairings from Askerne Estate Winery.
It will be a heart-warming evening of gratitude . . . and all going to plan Matariki may even reveal herself during the evening.
Ticket price includes a five-course dining experience celebrating the bounty from the seven stars of Matariki, complemented with aromatic wines of Askerne Estate Winery.
F.A.W.C! is a series of exceptional food and wine experiences set in stunning locations in Hawke’s Bay. Running twice a year, F.A.W.C! is a chance to get up close and personal with chefs and food producers, wine makers and the clever people that make up the New Zealand food and wine scene. F.A.W.C! Winter Series runs over the 4 weekends in June 2022