Under Covid Alert Level 2 restrictions it is difficult to allow recreation swimming to take place in our pools.
We want to be able to provide some space for whānau to come and play together, while doing so safely and in your own bubbles.
During these times we will provide limited bookable 'pods' of separated space in the pools.
Each hour there will be 2 spaces available in the main pool and reduced lane swimming in the remaining lanes.
Thorndon is a deep pool with a steep gradient so both areas will require confident swimmers who are able to swim independently in deep water.
If you have younger or less confident swimmers please consider booking a space at one of our other pools.
Conditions of use:
* Each session will last an hour, with approximately 40 mins swimming time. We will take around 10mins to get you in and swimming, and 10mins to leave ahead of the next group.
* You can bring a maximum of 5 people including yourself to your session
* Children under 8 must be actively supervised in the pool as per our active supervision policy, any spectators not swimming will need to be included in the group of 5
* Ensure you have booked a space that is appropriate for your swimmers/group
* Please come changed ready to swim, we encourage towel drying and heading home to change as well if you can
* Masks are required up for anyone over 12, up until you start to swim and when leaving the pool area.
* You will be required to contract trace and pay for your swimming on entry - our normal rates will apply.
* You must keep 2m physical distancing between your bubble and others at all times
* There will no equipment provided to keep touchpoints at a minimum
* We recommend no food be brought into the pool for these sessions, coffee is okay for spectators :)
* If you are no longer able to attend, please make sure to cancel your spot to ensure the space is available for others
For any questions or more detail please flick us a message on our facebook page.