The Thai Society of Canterbury Inc. in collaboration with the Royal Thai Embassy in Wellington and the Tourism Authority of Thailand will be organizing a one-day event of ‘Thai Festival 2021” in Christchurch on Sunday, 23rd January 2022 from 10.00 am to 8.00 pm. The venue for this event is at Victoria Square, a beautiful gathering ground on the corner of Colombo St and Armagh St, in the heart of Christchurch City. This festival is aimed at promoting culinary Thai food, culture, and tourism in Thailand. This is a perfect opportunity for anyone living or visiting Christchurch to taste a wide range of authentic Thai food covering entrees, main courses, and desserts from all regions of Thailand.
There will be:
- Approximately 10 Thai restaurants across Canterbury are on-site selling their signature Thai dishes.
- Displaying of Thai traditional dance and Thai classical and folk music.
- Exhibition of Thai boxing or Muay Thai by professional boxers.
- Beer and Wine marquee.
- Display of Tourism to Thailand and info.
- Cooking demonstration of some popular Thai dishes and Traditional Thai massage on stage.
- Thai food ingredients, handicrafts, and souvenirs will be on sale as well.
- And many more families-orientated programs.
This festival is the third major outdoor event organized by the Thai Society of Canterbury for which we expect to draw a huge crowd of more than 6,000 people.
Proudly supported by: Rata Foundation, Christchurch City Council, Office of Ethnic Communities, ChristchurchNZ - BLOOM, Royal Thai Embassy, Tourism Authority of Thailand, Singha Corporation, Wat Buddasamakkee (Thai Temple) and Titan Training Ground