The event is open to runners and walkers of all ages and fitness levels. The 2 Hour Race Track Run will start at 9.30 am and finish at 11.30 am. The idea is to run as many laps of the 2.7km National Track at Hampton Downs as you can in two hours.
This is a fundraising event for the John Walker Find Your Field of Dreams Foundation. Make your steps count by setting up a fundraising page via the website – a link will also be available in your booking confirmation email. Please help us raise funds by sharing your fundraising page with family, friends and anyone who will listen!
There is no minimum fundraising commitment to participate in the 2 Hour Race Track Run however we will be encouraging all participants to set a fundraising goal – because it’s fun and we know you will smash your target!
All funds raised will go to the John Walker Find Your Field of Dreams Foundation ‘Community Swim’ programme for lower decile primary school children. They promote ‘Water Skills for Life’.
There are three options for the 2 Hour Race Track Run:
- Individual – Open to runners aged 16 years +. If you select this option you will be running the entire two hours yourself.
- Team of 2 – One member of the team will be on the track at a time. Your timing transponder will act as your team baton. Each runner must run a minimum of one lap. Beyond that, you can break up the time as you please. As an example, runners could choose to alternate laps, or run for an hour and then swap. Open to runners 13 years of age and older. Runners must only swap their baton in the designated area.
- Team of 4 – One member of the team will be on the track at a time. Your timing transponder will act as your team baton. Each runner must run a minimum of one lap. Beyond that you can break up the time as you please. As an example, runners could choose to alternate laps, or run for thirty minutes each and then swap. Open to runners 13 years of age and older. Runners must only swap their baton in the designated area.
Kids, start your engines! The Flying Lap consists of one high octane lap around the race track. All eyes will be on the juniors as they burn around the track. The Flying Lap is for those under the age of 13 years and will start at 11.45 am. This is one lap of the National Track – distance is 2.7km.
You/your team will have a timing transponder. Your time will be recorded as the number of complete laps you/your team complete in two hours. At the conclusion of two hours, a hooter will be sounded, at which point those still on the track, can make their way back to the start/finish area. Incomplete laps will not be counted.
Prizes will be up for grabs. Prizes include family rides in the Lexus Safety Car and passenger rides in our Lamborghini – available upon the completion of the race track run. There are also Go Kart vouchers on offer and many more prizes to be won.
Prizes will be given for performance and there are also spot prizes available. Categories include:
- Those who fundraise the most
- Best dressed – use your imagination and WOW us!
- Fastest lap
- Most laps
- The person who looks like they are having the most fun
- And many more….!
2 Hour Race Track Run at 9.30 am
The Flying Lap at 11.45 am
Racetrack Run will be running in conjunction with one of our enthusiast track days, Auto Addict, and our monthly car show Caffeine & Gasoline. The park will come alive with multiple activities, which you can take part in if you choose.
Included are: Track Cruise, Wet Skid Pan, 4WD, HD Auto, Supercar Fast Dash, Muscle Car U Drives and Lexus Safety Car family laps.