Prepare for an enchanting off-road trail running journey through the bucolic landscape of the Shire™, as seen in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit Trilogies.
The immersive and unique Middle-earth Halfling Marathon™ allows runners and walkers to explore the unspoiled rolling green hills and storybook landscapes of the Waikato countryside. The track will cover a diverse terrain - from twists and turns over grassy knolls, up some steep inclines to spectacular vistas with 360 views. Cross trickling streams into vibrant green pastures and through pockets of lush forest scattered across the farmland.
All distances will journey through sites and scenes from the epic trilogies including some locations previously only ventured to by wizards and never-before accessed by the public. Participants will roam through the picturesque village of Hobbiton, through Gandalf’s Cutting, past the Sackville™ Orchard and up to Bag End before weaving down to Bagshot Row and past the sparkling lakefront. If time allows, stop for a brief refreshment at The Green Dragon™ Inn before the final leg of your adventure to the finish line across from The Shire’s Rest™.
All participants will receive a specially designed Middle-earth Halfling Marathon medal and merchandise pack, with additional Middle-earth prizes for winners in all race distances.
Middle-earth Halfling Marathon entry fee inclusions:
- Middle-earth Halfling Marathon Finishers medal
- Entry to Hobbiton Movie Set as part of the event course
- Middle-earth Halfling Marathon branded Event Stein with finish line drink
- Middle-earth Halfling Marathon branded Event reusable collapsible water cup
-An exclusive Hobbit Southfarthing drink at The Green Dragon Inn during the race
- Aid stations on the course (with water, toilets and first aid)
- Race Photography
- Exclusive rates for selected Hobbiton Movie Set Tour experiences over the weekend
- The opportunity to win spot prizes
- Post-event food and drink available for purchase in the Halfling Event Village