'These classes are specially designed to support you through your pregnancy and labour.
Suitable for 12 - 38 weeks pregnant.
There are many benefits of yoga for pregnancy and birth;
- Promotes relaxation and stress management
- Improves general fitness and health for pregnancy and birth
- Promotes emotional well-being
- Yoga increases strength, flexibility, and agility
- Deep toning of birth muscles
- Improves overall circulation
- Can reduce and alleviate back problems common in pregnancy
- Improves posture
- Alleviates common aches and pains in pregnancy
- Improves balance and coordination
- Helps you birth consciously and powerfully
- Yoga can empower You!
You will learn safe yoga sequences and breathing techniques to take home.
You will be guided through deep relaxation practices to help you connect with yourself and your baby and you will meet, connect and share with other pregnant women.
From these classes you can bring into the labour room some effective tools that include; breath awareness, labour positions, and the mental perspective that provides calm confidence and an acceptance of the often unpredictable process of birth.
What to expect:
We start the class with a guided meditation to connect you to yourself and your baby. We then move on to warming up the joints of the body, before moving into a series of Pregnancy Sun Salutations. Following these, we practice safe effective standing or floor poses. We end the class with Restorative Yoga, which helps you deepen into relaxation and take the much-needed rest you need.'