15 may - 31 july
10 week course - $150
1:30pm - 3:00pm
Studio 30/Community room
“Meditation is the dissolution of thoughts in eternal awareness or pure consciousness without objectification, knowing without thinking, merging finitude in infinity.” - Voltaire
Calligratherapy, Chinese Conscious Calligraphy, its success comes from its unequalled beauty and the mysterious form it creates, from the richness of its history and the possibility to constantly innovate its styles, however, there is another hidden reason that too many people wish to practice it and sometimes get attached to it forever: it is a mindful meditative activity where the whole body is involved, and which brings physical, mental, social and spiritual benefits, an immediate feeling of well-being.
Mindfulness when combined with calligraphy helps us to slow down our whole body. It brings us into an eternal awareness or pure consciousness - a relaxed state everything happens organically. This eventually leads to self-satisfaction with positivity.
Join us to learn the beautiful brush strokes and a new way to manage stress and change distress into eustress. The course is designed to support both beginners and intermediate levels.
Over a period of 10 structured workshops you will learn:
● The symbolism of the four treasures of the art (brush, ink, paper and stone) and how they contribute to the meditative state
● How to work with the instruments
● Basic calligraphy practice and breath work
● How the mind works as a self-regulating system which strives for equilibrium
● The different objectives of the five different script styles and their benefits
● Regular script and how it forms the foundation of other scripts
● Basic techniques of Shui-mo Ink art
● How to perfectly draw a character or a phrase that best represents your personal beliefs.
facilitated by xin huang and lin jin