Mangonui School opened in 1858 on this site. Part of the original school is still in use today as the school library. It has a lovely view past neighbouring historic St. Andrews church and over the upper reaches of Mangonui Harbour.
The school has a swimming pool, two tennis courts, field area, large new playground, newly concreted court area, a seating area which has been designed to include a stage. The bush area is also available as a play area for the children. We also have a wonderful sandpit which has been shaded.