Join this fun feather cuff making class for an introduction to the ancient craft of jewellery making, while designing and crafting your very own feather cuff using brass and sterling silver. During this workshop you will learn the following:
- how to design and measure the size of your hand and wrist;
- use a jeweller's saw to cut straight and curved lines in the metal ;
- use a blowtorch to anneal and solder the metal;
- learn different shaping and texturing techniques;
- experiment with brushed and shiny metal polishing ;
- add a patina to give your finished piece an antique look.
A few different templates of feather designs will be available for you to chooses from, but you are also welcome to bring your own design with you.
Come and enjoy a morning at the Feilding Art Centre where you will meet new people and learn a few new skills...plus you walk away with a beautiful feather cuff! Hope to see you there!