A Solution Focused Approach to Severe Trauma & Stress Recovery
An Online interactive workshop with John Henden for anyone supporting those who have experienced Severe Trauma or Stress.
Are your staff equipped to effectively deal with Trauma and Stress?
Research shows that up to 70% of mental health services consumers have some sort of unresolved trauma background to their current mental distress. Unless your staff are equipped and trained to support them to address these challenges, your service will simply not be able to provide effective help for the populations you serve.
The more of our teams who understand and are skilled to address trauma and stress recovery, the greater the potential impact on our community's mental health.
John Henden will be delivering this one-day online workshop via Zoom, specifically on severe trauma and stress recovery, addressing exactly those topics.
Participants will learn easy-to-apply solution-focused tools and techniques to enable victims of severe trauma and stress to get their lives back on track.
Initially, importance is placed on affirming and empowering victims of trauma to regain control over symptoms. The six fields of work - triggers, flashbacks, intrusive thoughts, sleep disturbance, ‘the lows’ and living life to the full, are examined in detail to give participants increased understanding and confidence in working with this client group in a specialised solution-focused way.
Intended Learning Outcomes
At the end of the workshop attendees will be able to:
- Demonstrate an increased understanding of severe trauma and/or stress
- Know the difference between the ‘victimhood’, ‘survivorhood’ and ‘living life well’/’thriverhood’
- Understand the basic solution-focused tools & techniques used with this group of service users
-Use a variety of specialised tools and techniques for helping those involved move further towards living life well
- Recognise how the specialised techniques can be applied to all types of trauma
- Appreciate the pitfalls when working with severe trauma and/or stress
- Highlight the most helpful and useful questions to ask
- Understand the key ways staff can look after themselves to enable them to undertake this important work
- Feel more confident in their work with a wide range of service users who have experienced severe trauma and/or stress.
John is an author, and his best-selling book ‘Preventing Suicide: The Solution Focused Approach‘, is now into its second edition. His new book 'What It Takes To Thrive: Techniques for Severe Trauma and Stress Recovery' deals with all aspects of severe trauma and stress recovery by offering tools and techniques to manage triggers, flashbacks or intrusive thoughts, helping survivors to regain control of their lives.
Available for Sale – What It Takes To Thrive - E-Books - $28.00 Inc GST
Visit the website for more information on this training and book sale.