A stimulating environment and programmes which will:
- Ensure there are policies and practices which reflect New Zealand’s dual and multi-cultural heritage.
- Encourage children to have a thirst for knowledge.
- Promote physical, social and emotional health.
- Encourage ongoing interaction between home and school.
- Develop qualities of tolerance, co-operation, responsibilities, fairness, courtesy, self respect and self discipline.
Our facilities include:
- Modern I.C.T. facilities including networked laptops, computers, flip videos, class wikis and data projectors in every classroom.
- Supervised lunch time sports programmes, duty teachers and peer mediators to ensure students are busy, safe and happy.
- Excellent large playground, 2 purpose built climbing play areas and 2 sandpits, one outside the juniors classrooms and one by the senior block.
- Beautifully landscaped grounds which demonstrate pride in looking after our surroundings.
- A 25-metre by 10-metre swimming pool due for a $55,000 refurbishment this summer for 2012.
- School bus services for both rural and town children offering affordable travel to and from our school.
- A native bush gully adjacent to a stream which provide a great area for science and biology studies and physical activities like cross country running.