Watch all the top Auckland short films! This screening celebrates short films made in Tāmaki Makaurau or by Aucklanders.
We were so sad when the pandemic kept Aucklanders from enjoying Show Me Shorts 2021 and some of the best shorts never screened for their home crowd. Tāmaki Makaurau is a vibrant filmmaking hub with some of the most talented and innovative filmmakers in the world. This event gives Aucklanders a chance to see all the local shorts they missed, and come together to celebrate our filmmakers.
Come hang out with cheeky native birds and psychedelic beans, experience a cosmic journey and a colonial tragedy, overcome impossible challenges then relax as families bond over Star Wars and weed. The filmmakers will introduce their films. Stay for a drink afterwards and chat with other film lovers and filmmakers.
There are eight short films:
1. Green directed by Rachel Ross
2. Space Invader directed by Isaac Bell
3. Blood and Gold directed by Yamin Tun
4. June directed by Dwayne Cameron
5. Heart to Heart directed by Lauren Porteous
6. Edamame directed by Pepe de Hoyos
7. A Hole directed by James Solomon
8. Miro Wine directed by Bree Greally and Lily Martin-Babin
Afterparty with a live DJ and cash bar.
Rating: R16 Violence, sexual violence, drug use & offensive language