The Art Station is the sales gallery for the Otago Arts Society.
The Otago Art Society was formed in 1876 by a small group of "gentlemen, favourable to the formation of a Society of Arts in Dunedin". This small beginning flourished to such an extent that by 1897 there were 140 artists and 50 honorary members.
On 30 April 1972 the OAS had finally established its own 'home'. After 33 years at that site the OAS moved to the prestigious Dunedin Railway Station building in Anzac Avenue, relocating in February 2007.