Built in 1908, this church replaced the original which was built in 1876, and moved to Washdyke in 1934. The church, combining some Romanesque and Byzantium elements was one of several South Island churches designed by architect, F.W. Petrie. The tower was added in 1912 and the three bells in the tower were cast in Belgium. The largest weighs 3/4 tonne. Within the church is a fine pipe organ, a marble altar and several beautiful stained glass windows. The rose windows at the front of the church measurers 14 ft in diameter.