Please join us in this safe space to share, find support and explore new ways to heal after the loss of someone to suicide, either recent or past. You are not alone, there are no set expectations, sometimes being with others with a shared understanding of this form of grief and loss helps more then you may expect.
May discussion topic: The life that was lived - let's celebrate the life that was lived, honour our loved ones' memory, and share the significance they had in this world.
The Tauranga Horizons Support Group meets the third Tuesday of each month at Grief Support Services, 147 Chadwick Road, Greerton, from 6pm - 7.30pm.
The Papamoa Horizons Support Group meets the second Tuesday of each month at Papamoa Family Services, 35e Hartford Avenue, Papamoa from 10am - 11:30am.
Come and have a cup of tea /coffee and take the opportunity to:
- Talk with other people who have been bereaved by suicide.
- Share and speak freely.
- Bring some understanding to individual experiences of grief.
- Bring forth expectations that we and others may have that are not helpful in our grief, and how to manage these.
- Acknowledge and share what is helpful.
- Remember your loved one and talk about ways you might like them to continue in your life.
- Talk about grieving in your own unique way.
- Share ways of managing traumatic responses.
- Talk about other things you’d like to that are relevant to losing your loved one to suicide.
Call our Suicide Bereavement Support Coordinator, Amy Colonna, for more details and to RSVP on 021 0903 9568 or firstname.lastname@example.org.