Develop practical skills to use in the film and television industry and build your confidence and self-esteem as an actor by learning insider’s tips from professional actor and casting director Paul Norell...
You’ll experiment with different acting styles and practice performing on camera. Discover more about interpreting scripts, taking direction and working with other actors.
You’ll also learn useful tips for keeping your nerves under control and for presenting yourself confidently and articulately in auditions.
Level 2 Restrictions
- Places in courses will be reduced to allow for social distancing of 2m for activities. This course has a maximum of 10 participants.
- Activities for courses will be planned with social distancing in mind.
- There will be no end of course performances for any holiday programmes under Level 2.
- Prior to the start of the course, you will receive an email detailing TAPAC’s Level 2 guidelines for students and visitors.
- If the programme needs to be cancelled due to Covid-19 restrictions or low enrolments, you will receive a refund.
Teaching artist Paul Norell has been an actor and teacher of drama for over thirty years and was co-director of Action Workshops, a casting/audition tuition agency based in Auckland, auditioning actors for commercials and TV dramas. Paul is an experienced stage and screen actor who has appeared in numerous television shows, including: Panthers, Shortland Street, Mercy Peak, Amazing Extraordinary Friends, Power Rangers, P.E.T Detectives, Spin Doctors, Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and Xena: Warrior Princess. He is perhaps best known for playing ‘King of the Dead’ in Lord of the Rings – The Return of the King.