The immersive and unique Middle-earth Halfling Marathon™ allows runners and walkers of all levels to explore the unspoiled rolling green hills and storybook landscapes of the Waikato countryside. The track will cover a diverse terrain - from twists and turns over grassy knolls to spectacular vistas with 360 views. Cross trickling streams into vibrant green pastures and through lush pockets of scattered tree-lines across the farmland.
All distances will journey through sites and scenes from the epic trilogies including some locations previously only ventured to by wizards and never-before accessed by the public. Participants will roam through the picturesque village of Hobbiton, through Gandalf’s Cutting, past the Sackville™ Orchard and up to Bag End before weaving down to Bagshot Row and past the sparkling lakefront. If time allows, stop for a brief refreshment at The Green Dragon™ Inn before the final leg of your adventure to the finish line across from The Shire’s Rest™.
Entry Fee Inclusions:
- Middle-earth Halfling Marathon Finishers medal (all distances)
- Entry to Hobbiton Movie Set as part of the event course
- Middle-earth Halfling Marathon branded Event Stein with finish line drink
- Middle-earth Halfling Marathon branded Event reusable collapsible water cup
- An exclusive Hobbit Southfarthing drink at The Green Dragon Inn during the race
- Aid stations on the course (with water, toilets and first aid)
- Spot prizes
- Race Photography
- Post-event food and drink available for purchase in the Halfling Event Village
- Exclusive rates for selected Hobbiton Movie Set Tour experiences over the weekend
Additional Middle-earth prizes will be awarded for winners in all race distances.