FOR WESTERN BAY OF PLENTY RESIDENTS ONLY
Come along to this hands-on, two-hour interactive workshop and learn the art of worm farming!
A home worm composting farm is a great way for you to deal with most of your kitchen food scraps and create rich compost for your garden.
• waste minimisation education to deal with kitchen waste and create organic worm juice for their gardens;
• a two hour session to educate and demonstrate how to put together a worm,
• a Vermihut worm farm,
• small bag of compost to start the worm farm,
• 500g of live worms,
• a container of lime;
• laminated information sheets and a sticker for what to feed worms; and
• A contact for trouble shooting worm farm issues afterwards
This workshop is perfect for worm farm beginners with little or no experience, or for those who would like a refresher. If you do not require a worm farm, but you would still like to learn about worm farming, you are welcome to attend the workshop at no cost, however, you’ll still need to register.
Help us to minimise waste going to landfill – register now!
• Only WBOPDC residents can attend (TCC run their own workshops)
• No refunds provided if you can’t attend or change your mind – except if Covid rules requires us to
• Must attend a workshop to receive a worm farm – we do not sell worm farms – we provide waste minimisation education
• Vaccination passes required for entry
• Observers must hold a ticket to attend.