Celebrate with us in Barrel & Co with authentic Chinese tasting menu especially designed symbolic dishes that will give you luck and prosperity!
To celebrate the “Year of the Tiger”, the tiger is known as the king of all beasts, a symbol of strength, exorcising evils, and braveness.
Variety of Chinese dumpling
- Served with dumpling dipping sauces.
- Chinese dumplings can be made to look like Chinese silver ingots (which are not bars, but boat-shaped, oval, and turned up at the two ends).
- Legend has it that the more dumplings you eat during the New Year celebrations, the more money you can make in the new year.
- Poached chicken with Shoxing wine, chicken rice, sweet soy, spring onion.
- Chicken symbolizes wholeness and prosperity.
Roast Peking Duck
- With pancakes, carrots, spring onion, Hoisin Sauce, cucumber.
- Duck symbolizes fidelity in Chinese culture. Peking duck has a long history and could be found on the Ming Dynasty imperial court menu.
Steamed “YU” Fish Snapper
- Steam baby snapper with ginger & soy & shiitake mushroom broth.
- The word for fish, "YU," sounds like the words both for wish and abundance the fish is served whole, with head and tail attached, symbolizing a good beginning and ending for the coming year.
Booking essential. Tel: 64 (07) 343 9750
To confirm booking, provide the details of a credit card or make a cash deposit.