A comprehensive 2-day training course for First-level Management e.g. Team Leaders, Supervisors or Section Heads.
Delegates learn and practice the skills to lead a team to achieve their personal, departmental and company goals. Leaders achieve results back in the workplace by balancing the needs of the Task, Team and Individual.
Leadership Skills for Supervisors comprises 11 modules within 5 topics.
Leading and motivating:
- Introducing Supervision - Exploring the responsibilities of a Supervisor. Identifying their greatest Challenges.
- Focusing on Leadership - Using personal characteristics and appropriate leadership behaviour to achieve results.
- Motivating the team - Understanding and using approaches and practices that inspire the team to perform.
- Aligning team activities with business goals - Establishing team goals and developing plans to achieve them.
- Managing time - Managing effective use of time and planning to achieve priority outcomes.
- Delegating - Delegating work in a way that motivates and ensures employees are successful and grow.
- Identifying training needs and coaching staff - Developing team members. Using a structured approach to plan for and conduct on-job training sessions.
Communicating with the team:
- Communicating positively - Identifying and using positive words and attitudes when leading. The value of assertive behaviour and active listening skills.
- Leading team meetings - Creating and following an agenda. Handling difficult behaviours in meetings.
Dealing With Difficulties:
- Resolving conflict - Using constructive approaches when dealing with conflict. Understanding fears and needs of people involved.
- Dealing with workplace pressure - Identifying signs of workplace stress and developing an action plan to deal with pressure.
When reserving a place on the course quote 'Eventfinda LSS' to receive a generous discount on our regular fee.