This course provides delegates with the fundamental skills for effective interpersonal communication.
The skills include listening, using nonverbal communication, presenting oneself to make the right impact, choice of words and resolving interpersonal conflict.
During the course you will:
- Analyse and reflect on your interpersonal communication.
- Use Attending, Following and Responding skills to listen effectively. Understand 'Wide Band Listening' to listen for understanding beyond words. Practice using listening skills.
- Ensure use of appropriate body language congruent with the intended message.
- Use words appropriately and sensitively so that the message does not become clouded by emotional barriers.
- Use an understanding of personality types to adjust delivery and get the message across. Analyse and reflect on own personality type.
- Differentiate between aggressive, assertive, passive-aggressive and passive communication. Choose the appropriate approach to ensure effective communication.
- Use appropriate strategies to resolve interpersonal conflict.