Develop the skills to handle a boning knife safely and confidently bone out a whole chicken. You’ll be able to make many different products from the boned out meat and you’ll receive a Victorinox boning knife to keep.
Once you’ve learned safe knife handling skills, you’ll work in pairs to bone out a whole chicken each. We’ll cover how to maximise the whole carcass thereby minimising costs and making the most of the meat. We’ll look at the many different uses of products that can be made and you'll take away a quality Victorinox boning knife and will know how to keep it sharp.
By the end of the workshop, you’ll be able to:
- Hold and use a knife safely
- Understand appropriate food hygiene and safety in regards to meat handling and processing
- Recognise how to look after and sharpen your knife
- Practise boning out a chicken
- Identify how to maximise using the whole carcass and all of the meat to make different products
You'll get a Victorinox® boning knife to use and keep.
Presented by Daniel McCarthy.