Holiday art classes for children who like to make, create and invent.
For ages 5-12.
Tues, Wed, Thurs: each week 9am – 1pm
For an earlier start or later finish, contact Helen.
Payment by credit card (no additional fees).
- Qualified primary teacher and artist
- 15 years' experience teaching art to primary-aged children
- Progressive teaching methods
- Lessons based on traditional and modern arts/crafts, developing skills & creativity
- Structured, but in a home-studio setting
- Daily or weekly themes
- A child-friendly, relaxed environment for after-school
- Lots of variety / choice
- Excellent resources
The classes provide an opportunity to play and experiment in a structured but caring, home-studio environment.
To meet the needs of active and curious children after school we explore a variety of crafts such as sewing, crochet, pottery, felting, weaving, jewellery and woodwork; and the art forms: painting, drawing, sculpting and printmaking.
Experiments and activities...
- Experiment with colour and creative ways of using paint
- Create with clay & natural materials
- Construct with recyclables
- Engineer and test adhesive methods and materials
- Learning to trust their creative process