The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) is the regulator for all advertising in New Zealand. They set the standards and run the complaints process.
This event will focus on the advertising standards and how they apply to social media platforms.
The session will cover:
- The Advertising Standards Authority's definition of an advertisement
- Applying the ASA Codes (the standards) to advertising on social media
- Identifying social media ads
- Advertising risk areas e.g. alcohol, occasional food & beverage products and children, therapeutics & health
- User-Generated Content and the advertiser’s responsibility
- Using Influencers
- The importance of targeting tools
- Managing complaints to the ASA
The Presenter: Claire Hofer, Advertising Standards Authority
Claire is the Advertising Standards Authority Education and Development Manager. She has been with the ASA for five years. She is responsible for developing and delivering education programmes on the application of the ASA Codes and developing resources to assist advertisers, agencies and media to understand and apply the codes.
Prior to joining the ASA, Claire was an Adjudicator for the Therapeutic and Health Advertising Pre-vetting Service for 9 years. She has also held a number of roles in sales, marketing and human resources.
Spaces are limited. A replay will not be available for this webinar so make sure to show up live!
There will be time for Q&A at the end of the session so it may run over 1 hour.
If you would prefer to be sent an invoice, please email: email@example.com.