Tracey McKay guides through a fun course, playing with sound, explaining Sanskrit words, learning pronunciation and chanting together. Tracey studies Sanskrit since years and is a passionate teacher and Kirtanist. The workshop series is designed for yoga practitioners, teachers and anyone interested to learn more and connect with this ancient, vibrational side of yoga. You can attend one or multiple sessions. The content builds upon the previous session, however first-timers are most welcome and Tracey will meet them where they are at. It is a practical experiential course.
By the end of the session participants will:
- Start to have some confidence in pronunciation (learn some techniques to assist with this)
- Start to build a mantra tool kit
- Begin to learn the Sanskrit alphabet
- Translate what is learnt into other practices – mantra, chanting, kirtan
- Study material
- Link to audio files (Mantras)
The workshop takes place in person at Kawai Purapura Retreat Centre. Take this opportunity to expand your knowledge, gain a deeper understanding of mantra and connect to a Sangha – a group of like-minded yogis and yoginis. Tracey is part of our KP Kirtan collective that meets monthly for an evening of chanting. It is open to the public – join us!