New Zealand's most colourful natural volcanic area. Thousands of years in the making but only 20 minutes drive south of Rotorua.
* Nestled with a natural bush setting, walks through this unique volcanic area take between 30 and 75 minutes.
* 26 key natural features including the world famous, multi-coloured Champagne Pool
* Lady Knox Geyser erupts daily at 10:15am to heights of up to 20 metres
* Hot springs - steaming ground - expansive vistas
* Huge volcanic craters
* Unique sinter terrace formations
* Spectacular range of colours
* Close to the constantly bubbling and erupting "Mud Pool"
* First class visitor centre with cafe and retail facilities
* Plenty of vehicle parking
* Shuttle service available through Geyser Link (0800 000 4321)
Located 27km south of Rotorua, off the main Rotorua - Taupo Thermal Explorer Highway (SH5)
Open 365 days (half day Christmas Day) 8:30am - 5:00pm.
Last admission 3:45pm.
The Lady Knox Geyser is a short drive in your own vehicle from the visitor centre. Directions are given at the time tickets are purchased and to see the geyser we suggest that they are obtained no later than 9:45am.
Allow extra travel time during New Zealand's holiday period.