Join this leaf and feather earring class for an introduction to the ancient craft of jewellery making, while designing and crafting your set of earrings from sterling silver which you will take home with you at the end of your class. During this workshop you will learn the following:
- how to design a set of earrings and ear hooks;
- use a jeweller's saw to cut straight and curved lines in the metal ;
- use a blowtorch to anneal and solder the metal;
- learn different shaping and texturing techniques;
- experiment with brushed and shiny metal polishing ;
- add a patina to highlight texture details and give your earrings an antique look.
A few different templates of leaf and feather designs will be available for you to chooses from, but you are also welcome to bring your own design with you.
Come and enjoy a morning of fun and laughter, meeting new people and learning a new skill...plus you have brand new dangling earrings to show off when you get back home!