Pet First Aid Course - Dunedin
Our Pet First Aid Courses educate both pet owners and those working in the industry on animal first aid and emergency situations.
Now available for NZVNA CPD.
Studies show that 90% of all pets will experience at least one emergency situation in their lifetime!
- Would you know what to do if your pet choked on their toy?
- Would you know what to do if your pet stopped breathing?
- Would you know what to do if your pet was hit by a car?
Most people would not, which is why PET First Aid & Training (NZ) Ltd developed a concise, New Zealand focused first aid course that was available to everyone.
The course covers 23 different situations and it is hands-on for all attendees. Using specially imported mannequins from the USA you will learn CPR and rescue breathing. You will practice your bandaging skills on live animals. Learn to recognise everyday poisons, the symptoms and how to help stabilise your animal until you can get professional help. This course will empower you and give you confidence in an emergency situation.
Each person receives:
- Full Colour Manual
- Emergency Response Plan
- Poisonous Food Fact Sheet
- Poisonous Household Item Fact Sheet
- Poisonous Plants Fact Sheet
- Certificate - valid for 2 years
Course attendance is limited to 10 people to ensure that everyone gets the opportunity to get involved. As places are limited book in quick not to miss out!
The course runs for 6 hours (group rates available, please inquire).