Celebrate World Wetlands Day and join us for a guided walk along Devil’s Bridge Wetland (just outside of Oamaru). Along the way our speakers will tell you more about the history and management of the wetland, the flora, fauna, geology, protection and future plans.
When? Saturday 29 January 2022, meet at 10.30am
Where? Devils Bridge Road (10 minutes from Oamaru)
We are lucky to have a range of experts joining us:
- Landowner Aaron Meikle & Co-founder Barry Wilson
- Sasha Morriss (Geoeducator, Waitaki Whitestone Geopark)
- Rob Smith (Regional Representative for North Otago and South Canterbury, Queen Elizabeth the Second National Trust)
- Mark Webb (Fish and Game Officer, Central South Island Fish & Game Council)
- Max Crowe (Biodiversity Advisor, Waitaki District Council)
Allow 2 hours. Free. All welcome. No dogs.
Due to Covid-19 rules, please register at https://www.whitestonegeopark.nz/devils-bridge-wetland
Under the Red Traffic Light rules, events are now only allowed if Vaccine Passes are used, with up to 100 people. We have made the decision to go ahead with the planned event on Saturday, however are now requiring everyone that joins us to present their Vaccine Pass on arrival. Face coverings are encouraged, however not required. Please register to secure your spot, we might have to turn people away on the day if the limit is reached.
Parking will be available at the northern end of the wetlands (follow signs and flags on the day). As the parking bays are very small, a neighbouring landowner has agreed to open up a paddock so everyone can park safely.
Brought to you by the proud landowner, Co-founder & Waitaki Whitestone Geopark, QEII National Trust, Fish and Game and Waitaki District Council.