Feel confident to defend yourself in the unfortunate event of an attack with this self-defence course. The focus is on quickly gaining physical and mental skills to manage dangerous situations and knowing how to handle potential violence when all your awareness, avoidance and de-escalation techniques fail.
You'll learn how to move, punch, kick, block and joint incapacitation techniques, plus breathing techniques to calm yourself down in a highly stressful situation. Enjoy a friendly, supportive learning environment with classes being taught by an instructor with 40+ years of experience.
What You'll Learn:
- How to break free from an attacker that grabs you without warning
- How to escape from underneath an attacker who is pinning you to the ground
- Learn the vital parts of the body – parts of the body that are vulnerable & easy to attack
- Learn how to defend yourself against slaps, punches, pushes & grabs
- Learn to defend yourself against headlock’s, hair grabbing, wrist grabs
- How to use your hands, legs, knees & elbows
About the tutor, Robin Warburton:
Sensei Robin holds Black Belts in Karate, Taekwondo Do and Ao Denkou Jitsu and has competitive full contact kickboxing experience. Having been actively involved in the martial arts for over 40 years he will be able to teach you skills and techniques in a welcoming and non-judgemental environment.