What’s better than enlisting the help of one wedding planner? Two wedding planners and a matrimonial dream team at your fingertips.
Event planning can feel tough to navigate and we want you to feel inspired and supported in the lead up to the best day of your life. Our workshops have been carefully designed to empower you to progress with your planning. Think of them as a date with friends - You’ll get to meet people experiencing a life stage similar to you and bounce all of your questions and ideas around the room.
This series of workshops is for everyone, you don’t need an invite but you do need to book. You’ll be able to select the workshops specific to inspiring your DIY day or design your wedstravaganza from start to finish.
Here's your introduction to our workshops:
1. The Game Plan
Consider this your personalised planning consultation with not just one, but TWO Canterbury wedding planners. Together, let’s make a game plan that keeps you on track and focused on what’s more important, no matter what stage you’re at. Once you know what you want your wedding day to shape up like, we’re going to dive right in and help you bring your dream vendor team together. In this session, we will talk about obtaining quotes and what to look for in a vendor, plus you’ll leave with an insight into catering services from industry pros. Our guest speakers at this first workshop will be; Hannah Bird from Hannah Bird Photography; Craig Forster from Light Chasers (Photography & Videography); Hannah from Crisp & Vale Catering.
2. Styling, Marquees and Everything In-Between
By the end of this session, you will be a marquee extraordinaire as we take you through everything you need to consider when creating a pop-up venue. With specialists in their field, we will cover every topic from determining the size of your marquee to power and utilities, to styling and the extras you need to plan for.
3. The Finishing Touches
This workshop will have you ready to rock and roll with your final details ready to hand over to your vendor team. We’re going to take you through every type of document you may require, teach you how to put them together and distribute out, plus uncover finer details you may not yet have thought about. It’s time to celebrate the work you have put in and relax before your best day ever!
Let's find out what’s in store for you:
- Learn from two local wedding planners and be introduced to professionals within our local wedding community who will share their knowledge related to their craft.
- Gather personalised advice specific to your planning requirements
- Recieve planning resources not only in each workshop, but also to your inbox across the duration of the series
- No question will be left unanswered, you’ll have the opportunity to ask us anything on your mind
- Relax in the atmosphere of The Welder and experience and all it has to offer
- Sip, graze and soak up the experience from a range of catering and beverage suppliers
- Visualise a range of styling ideas, from table layouts to backdrops, even to the tone set by your stationery - Each session will bring something different to the table - Quite literally!
All of our workshops run on a Sunday afternoon from 1 PM - 5 PM. Please refer to tickets for your dates.